Monday, March 28, 2011

Our Vegetable Garden

Also, this past weekend James put together a self-watering vegetable garden trough for us.  I am really excited about it and hopefully it will work well in the hot desert heat this summer.  It keeps a water reservoir in the bottom of the trough so that when the roots get long enough they soak it up from the bottom and thus you don't have to water as often.  My parents have had great luck with theirs in Texas, so hopefully it will work for us, too!

I got excited when picking out plants and probably got too many and thus it will be overcrowded when they grow larger, but I can just put some in pots if needed.  I chose three different varieties of tomatoes, some cucumber, eggplant, and a mini watermelon and we also planted summer squash and zucchini seeds on the far right.  Here are the start up pictures and hopefully a few months later I can show you the fruits and veggies of our labor, ha!  And of course Jonathan LOVED all the dirt and had fun helping us spread it out, it was a family project!





This boy loves dirt!
Giving the dirt a "hug"!

No comments:

Post a Comment