Happy Birthday, baby boy! It is so hard to believe it has been a year since you entered our world and made it a much better place. Your Dad and I are so blessed to get to be your daddy and momma and we are constantly praying that we can be the best for you. You are such a joy and you bring us so many smiles and so much laughter each day. You have changed so much this past year and you have such a great easy going personality, but you still definitely have your likes and dislikes that you let us know about quite audibly sometime.
You are our little explorer and observer and are constantly pointing out anything that is new or different in your home or when we take walks in the neighborhood. You love being outside and watching all the different plants and trees and birds and butterflies that fly around. You are constantly on the move and you have been doing that since you were inside of my tummy and a newborn! You love your new freedom of walking, but still stay close to our side. You are starting to warm up to everyone around you, even strangers who smile when you wave “hi” to them in the stores. You also have to be in on all the jokes and start laughing really loud when everyone else is laughing, too!
You love books especially the kind you can lift the flaps or feel different textures on the pages. You love music and are really starting to dance while you are standing now! You are a great eater and must be going through a growth spurt this past week, because you sure can eat! It amazes me sometimes how you can hold that much food inside your little tummy. You have caught on great to sign language and are starting to use” thank you” with your “please” now. You love bath time and will head straight to the bathroom whenever we announce it is bath time! You are a great sleeper at night and are doing so much better with naps now than you were when you were littler, which I greatly appreciate!
There are so many things that you do and love that I can’t think of them all right now so it is a good thing I have been working on your baby book and calendar all year long, ha! Your daddy and I love you so much, and who knew how much you would change our hearts. We are always praying that you grow up with a constant compassion and love for God and others and that we can in turn can show you that through our lives.
I love you so much Jonathan and I can’t wait to see how you will grow into not just my baby boy, but a toddler this next year. And borrowing this from a favorite book…..
I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living my baby you’ll be.
Love,
Your proud Momma
Here are some pictures from your birthday today. We went to the park with our friends Kendra and her daughter Heidi and 1 month old baby boy Isaiah and had fun playing and swinging and then we of course had to end our monthly photo shoot of you in the chair. And you can tell you enjoyed your dinner tonight, messy boy!!
Sweet post! You'll be so glad you wrote this down - I already forget some things from Liz's first year. That picture of him in his high chair after dinner is perfection! Your little guy is adorable Marin'! You should be a proud mommy. :)
ReplyDelete