Monday, April 1, 2013

My First 5K!

I don't usually post things just about me, but this time I actually accomplished a goal of mine.  I originally started the Couch to 5k program in the fall of 2011 but didn't get very far into it and found out I was pregnant with Matthew!  I had told my friend Jenelle about it and she said she would train with me after Matthew was born and she stuck to her word!  We started training in January getting up way too early to run and I still don't necessarily like running but I love how I feel afterwards and now I am running 3 miles straight which I never thought that was possible!!  We decided to do the Race for the Cure which benefits breast cancer research.  It was exciting and so much fun and I'm ready for another one!  Here are a few pics from the day.


 The girls that ran
Our training group!!
We finished!!
Team PV from church

No comments:

Post a Comment