Happy Half Birthday, bud! It is so hard to believe that 6 months has gone by so fast already and it seems like we were just celebrating you turning 2! You have grown up so much these past months! It is exciting to hear you talk and ask questions, but it is a little sad because you are not my baby anymore and you really won't be the baby of the family anymore come August when your little brother arrives.
You love to talk and are so curious about everything and are already asking questions which I know will soon turn into why questions which your Daddy and I won't always have the answers to. You have also gotten particular about what things are called and you are quick to correct if it is not the right thing in your eyes, such as, the other day your daddy called me mom and you quickly corrected him and said, "No, not Mom, Mommy." :) You have also recently really gotten into singing, which I love to hear your sweet voice sing especially your church songs that you learn in Kids Chorus at church. Some of your favorite songs are "Wheels on the Bus", "Hallelujah" song, "Joshua fought the battle of Jericho", and "This is the Day". You still love playing with all of your cars and tractors and trucks which you get out every day, but now you have them talk to each other which is so cute to listen to. :) You love going to story time at the library every Wednesday morning and now you have even gotten up enough courage to sit with all of the kids in front of Ms. Kris when she reads the books. You still love, love to read and that is one of my favorite things to do with you everyday as you snuggle with me to read and listen, some of your favorites you have even memorized and say the words along with me! You also now know your ABC song and can pretty much count to fifteen give or take a few numbers. ;)
You are very excited about having a baby brother, though when we first found out he would be your brother you still wanted to call him baby sister because that is what you wanted at first. But you still love on him and give him hugs and kisses through my tummy, though sometimes you still forget he is in there and want to jump on me and him! When you saw him on the sonogram you wanted to already give him toys to play with, you are so sweet and I know are going to be a great big brother!
Also, during these last six months we went through several "big boy" transitions, like sleeping in your big boy bed which you finally are doing great with. We had a rough couple of months with you wanting to get out and explore your new freedom, but you do great now. And also when you were almost 27 months old you started potty training! It only took you a few days to get it down for the most part, though you were a little resistant in some areas, but you are a champ now! And you are such a boy because you love to go outside, you got so excited when we had to stop on the side of the road for a potty break when we were driving to and from Texas in April!
I know there are tons of things that I am forgetting, but I just wanted you to know that your Daddy and I are so proud of you and love you so much. We continue to pray that you will have a heart after God and will love and serve those around you as you grow up.
Love,
Mommy
| Enjoying Eegees or "weegees" to you |
| You love when your tongue changes colors! |
| Having fun in the pool and making silly faces. |
I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
No comments:
Post a Comment