Thursday, June 2, 2011

18 months old!

Happy Half Birthday, Jonathan!  I can't believe you are already half way through your second year of life!  You are so much fun these days and you are starting to push buttons as well, but I think that goes with being a toddler :)  You have really started talking a lot these past few weeks and it is so fun to hear what you are saying and learning.  You even said your first "sentence" the other night before bedtime.  I was kissing you good night and saying bye before your Dad read you your bedtime story when you said "done mama" in a sweet way, so precious!  Some of my favorite words to hear you say are "mama" and "dada" of course and "ball", "bubbles", and a new one since our visit to Texas is "tractor".
  You turned 1 1/2 in Texas this year and you had a lot fun playing with your cousin Paige and learned some new words and things from her as well which was so fun to see.  You still love to be outside as much as possible especially if it means getting to play in the dirt or in water.  You loved getting to play with the sprinkler toys Granna brought in the front yard at Aunt Carrie and Uncle Brent's house.  And you loved being in the river and lake in Bastrop with Grams and Papa.  You love big trucks and cars and motorcycles and bicycles, really anything that has wheels you are fascinated with. :)  You are still a good eater and love fruit, especially the strawberries we are growing in the backyard!
 Jonathan, you bring me so much joy and delight each day and I love your unexpected hugs that you give me even when you are busy playing!  One of my favorite memories that I will cherish always is when you copied your Dad one day when he got home and gave me a big kiss on the lips just like you saw your Daddy give me, it was so cute!  I love you so much sweet boy.

-Your Momma




1 comment:

  1. He's getting so big! That boy is oh so sweet!

    ReplyDelete