Thursday, January 20, 2011

WICKED



James and I had a Wicked good time last night! My Christmas present this year from James was tickets to see Wicked here in Tucson. It was so fun to get to see it again after several years and to see it for the first time with my hubby. I debated whether or not to get my soundtrack out and listen to it before the show but actually didn't get around to it and I was glad that I hadn't because it was fun to hear the songs "fresh" and plus I probably would have annoyed James because I would have wanted to hum along last night. :) We had a great date night last night, so thank you again April for babysitting!
One of my favorite songs from the musical is For Good and it just makes me think of all the wonderful friends I have had through college and now here in Tucson so I just want to share the lyrics with you and to my close friends I hope you know I think of you when I hear this song!

FOR GOOD

I've hear it said
that people come into out lives for a reason
bringing something we must learn
and we are led to those who help us most to grow
if we let them and we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you I have been changed for good....

It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime
so let me say before we part so much of me is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart
and now whatever way our stories end I know you have re-written mine
by being my friend...
Like a ship blown from its mooring by a wind off the sea.
Like a seed dropped by a skybird in a distant wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you I have been changed for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment